Dedicated to Developing Responsible Herbal Practice
Established in 2002 by Susan Wynn, DVM, RH(AHG), DACVN
JOURNAL OF VETERINARY BOTANICAL MEDICINE PURCHASE PAGE
Past and present issues of our renowned Journal of Veterinary Botanical Medicine are available to non-VBMA members!
Cost per Journal is $20.00, simply choose the issue you'd like, add it to your cart, then place your order.
Or, JOIN THE VBMA now and access all the Journals for FREE!
In May of 2006 the VBMA published the first edition of the Journal of Veterinary Botanical Medicine, available for free to VBMA members. Since then, the Journal has grown and expanded and provided VBMA Members with amazing information that simply can't be found anywhere else, submitted by peers with real-world experience. The Journal is currently published biannualy. Now, ALL Veterinary Herbalists can have access to this information!
We accept Visa, MC, Discover and American Express cards via PayPal processing...or you can use your PayPal account funds.
VMBA Journal: September 2005, 20 pages.
- Regional reports: Australia by Karen Goldrick
- Regional reports: US by Susan Wynn & UK by Jimmy Symmonds
- Case study: Immune Mediated Vasculits in a Dog by Susan Wynn
- From the Jungle: Opening Up the Spirit of Plant Medicine by Ihor Basko
- Monograph: Aloe by Barbar Fougere
- Large animal practice: Tips for the Use of Herbs in Equine Practice
- Book review by Barbara Fougere: The Practice of Traditional Western Herbalism by Matthew Wood
- Treatment of Geriatric Disharmonies with TCVM Herb & Food Therapy by Bruce Ferguson
- Practice pearls: Gifts of knowledge and ideas from the VBMA Spring Symposium, April 30, 2005.
- Herbal Fodder: Echinacea, Chi-Du-Ji-Huang-Wan, Chamomile, Mushroom/Astralagus Extracts, Garlic
- Practice Insights: An interview with Dr. Allen Schoen
VMBA Journal: May 2006, 39 pages.
- Regional report: US Veterinary Herbalists from around the globe share their latest news.
- Chinese Herbal Medicine Garden
- Case study: Chronic perianal discharge resolved with phytotherapy.
- Food therapy: Human
- Ecotour: Belize
- Catnip culture
- Monograph: Crataeva
- Practice pearls: Practice tips from veterinary herbalists
- Book review: 36 Insecticides Used on or Around Dogs and Cats
- Monograph: Bacopa
- Practice Insights: An interview with Carvel Tiekert
VBMA Journal: October 2006, 20 pages.
- Monograph: Chamomile
- Medicinal mushrooms: Functional Nutritional Information for Veterinary Practices
- Practice insights: An interview with Shen (Huisheng) Xie, DVM, PhD
- Practice pearls: Escharotics and Cancer Salves in Veterinary Practice
VMBA Journal: May 2009, 29 pages.
- Regional report: US AVA Conference 2008 in Perth, WA Acupuncture/Holistic Stream
- Case Study: Chronic Liver Disease, Arthritis and Pyoderma Treated with Acupuncture Herbal Formulae
- Practice Pearls: Recipe for a quick and easy herbal cream for topical use by Dr. Karen Goldrick
- Monograph: Gotu Kola
- Book Review: Veterinary Herbal Medicine, edited by Susan Wynn and Barbara Fougere, reviewed by Colin Daly
- Treatment of Heart Disharmonies with TCVM Food Therapy
- Practice Insights: An interview with Susan Wynn
VBMA Journal: Spring 2011, 46 pages.
- Herb Walk Images 2010
- Case Study - Grace Li, Use of Zhi Bai Di Huang Wan for the Treatment of Hyperthyroidism in a Geriatric Domestic Short Hair Feline
- A Day In The Life of a Holistic Vet- Joanna Milan
- Book Review: Fresh Food and Ancient Wisdom - Ihor Basko
- Practical Herbal Medicine: Specific Indications of Skin Herbs -David Winston
- Herbs Notes - Cynthia Lakenau
- A Day In The Life of a Holistic Vet - Lisa Schneider
- Adaptogens In Veterinary Practice - Barbara Fougere
VBMA Journal: Autumn 2011, 37 pages.
- 2011 VBMA Herb Walk Review
- Monograph: Bupleurum
- VBMA Certification Update
- A Day In The Life of a Holistic Vet: Elaine Cebuliak
- Practice Pearls - Dr Lankenau walks us through a few of her equine cases
- Book Review: Gemmotherapy for our Animal Friends by Dr. Stephen Blake
- Herb Notes: Bugleweed-Dandelion
- Review: Jeremy Ross Lectures, Combining Western Herbs & Chinese Medicine
- Practice Insights - An interview with Ihor Basko, DVM
VBMA Journal: September 2012, 68 pages
- Monograph: Fennel
- Practice Pearls: Practical Tips from Veterinary Herbalist Rona Sherebrin
- Practice Insights: An interview with VBMA Founder and Life Member Susan Wynn
- Case Study: Congenital Cardiac Defect in an Equine Supported with Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Recap of April 2012 Ecotour: Spain
- Practice Pearls: First Aid by Cynthia Lankenau and Button Mushrooms by Ihor Basko
- Case Study: Idiopathic Heptobiliary Disease in an Equine treated with Chinese Herbal Medicine
- Book Review: The Proof is in the Poodle by Donna Kelleher
- Book Review: Medicine at Your Feet, Healing Plants of the Hawaiian Kingdom by David Bruce Leonard
- Case Study: Treatment of Mastitis in a Jersey Cow with Chinese Herbal Medicine by Cynthia Lankenau
VBMA Journal: Winter 2013, 29 pages.
- Goals and Resources of the VBMA
- Certification as a Veterinary Herbalist
- Case Study: TCM for IBD by Janice Huntington
- Review: Joyce Harman on Insulin Resistance in the Equine by Cynthia Lankenau
- Herbal Therapies for Chronic Constipation in Cats by Rona Sherebrin
- Review: Patricia Kyritsi Howell on Appalachian Medicinal Herbs
- 2014 Ecotour: Hawaii
- A Selection of Herbal Monographs
- Calendar of Veterinary Herbal Events 2013/2014
VBMA Journal: Winter 2014, 40 pages.
- Goals and Resources of the VBMA
- TCM for Urninary Incontinence by Janice Huntingford
- YooHoo: A Case of Retained Pathogen by Cynthia Lankenau
- Miracle Case of Foreign by Cynthia Lankenau
- Special Herbal Event: Matthew Wood in Memory of Dr. Lois Sargent
- Regulation of Herbs in Norway by Astri Hagenlund
- Liu Wei Di Huang Wan by Dr. Margauerite Vorhees Hernandez
- MasterChef VBMA: Dr. Rona Sherebrin
- Climate and Seasonal Changes in the Diet by Dr. Ihor Basko
- A Selection of Herbal Monographs by Cynthia Lankenau
- Calendar of Veterinary Herbal Events for 2014
VBMA Journal: Summer 2014, 29 pages.
- CASE STUDY: Acute Tendinitis Treated with Chinese Herbal Medicine
- CASE REPORT: Helena, a 3 year old overweight Jersey Heifer
- CASE REPORT: Ben, a Golden Retriever puppy, ingested Destroying Angels
- A Day in the Life Featuring Dr. Kielyn Scott, DVM, CVA of Veterinary Holistic Health, Phoenix, AZ
- VBMA Masterchef: Diets for Kitties with Compromised Kidney Function
- VBMA Masterchef: Liver Shake for Anemic Kitties & Crock Pot Pork Allergy Diet
- Herbal Monograph: Echinacea - Echinacea purpurea, Echinacea angustifolia
- Herbal Monograph: Comfrey - Symphytum officinale
- Book Review: Practical Guide to Traditional Chinese Veterinary Medicine
- Book Review: Emergencies and Five Element Syndrome, Dr. Steve Marsden
- Hawaii EcoTour: Article and Photos by Cornelia Wagner
VBMA Journal: Winter 2015, 26 pages.
- CASE REPORT: Mange, yeast & bacterial skin infections in Louie, a Standard Poodle mix
- CASE REPORT: Canine Distemper Aggression
- CASE REPORT: Fritz Tiller, 16 year old equine, an American Warm-blood gelding
- A Day in the Life Featuring Cornelia Wagner, DVM, CVA (IVAS), Portland, OR
- VBMA Masterchef: Join the Crock Pot Culture, Recipe for Cold Bi Syndrome
- A Ten Day Amazonian Jungle Adventure in Peru by Laurie Dohmen, VDM
- Herbal Monograph: Hops, Humulus lupulus
- Herbal Monograph: Corydalis, Corydalis ambigua
- Book Review: Practical Guide to TCVM, Vol. 2: Small Animal Practice
- Teleseminar Review: Incorporating Herbs in Food Therapy
- AHVMA Herbwalk: Article by Olivia Harris Barkoff
VBMA Journal: Summer/Fall 2015, 46 pages.
- CASE REPORT: Treatment of Secondary Infections Using Herbal Medicine in Canines
- CASE REPORT: Treatment of Nonulcerative Keratitis/Keratouveitisin in an Equine
- CASE REPORT: Canine Distemper 'Resurgence'
- A Day in the Life Featuring Cynthia Lankenaus, DVM, CVA, RH (AGH), Colden, NY
- VBMA Masterchef: Yummy Herbal Beverages, Recipe for Hip Displyasia Food
- NYCAVMA 2016 Event: Herbal Talk featuring Judith Sumner
- Herbal Monograph: Saint John's Wort, Hypericum perforatum
- Herbal Monograph: Cannabis, Cannabis sativa
- Teleseminar Review: Cannabis sativa L, A Treasure Trove of Medicinal Benefits
- IHS Review: Article by Laurie Dohmen, VDM
- Herbal Exposition: Java Plum by Dr. Ihor Basko
VBMA Journal: Spring 2016, 41 pages.
- CASE REPORT: Herbal Treatment of Demodex in a Canine by Astri Hagenlund, DVM, CVA, Norway
- CASE REPORT: Modified Hospice: Use Of An Ancient Chinese Medicine, Liu Jun Zi Tang, In Management Of A Metastatic Gastrin-Secreting Tumor In A Dog by by Richard E. Palmquist, DVM, Inglewood, CA
- CASE REPORT: Juvenile Lymphosarcoma with Thymic Involvement, by Cynthia Lankenau
- A Day in the Life Featuring VBMA Member Astri Hagenlund DVM, CVA, Norway
- VBMA Masterchef: Elaine’s Remedy Recipes by Dr Elaine Cebuliak BVSc MACVSc, CMAVA,
- Herbal Monograph: Cat’s Claw, Uncaria tomentosa
- Herbal Monograph: Garlic, Allium sativum
- Why You Need to Protect the Liver in Your Clients’ Dogs - Now More Than Ever by Ihor Basko, DVM,
- Veterinary Applications for Cannabis sativa L. and its Derivatives by Robert J. Silver DVM, MS, CVA
VBMA Journal: Fall 2016, 47 pages.
- CASE REPORT: Treatment of Calf Pneumonia with Western Herbal Medicines by Cynthia Lankenau
- CASE REPORT: Possible Pesticide Contamination in Two Equines by Cynthia Lankenau
- CASE REPORT: Cardiac Deficiency in an Equine by Cynthia Lankenau
- A Day in the Life Featuring VBMA Member Stefan Veenstra DVM, Amsterdam
- VBMA Masterchef: Recipes for Pets - Mushrooms that Benefit Health by Dr Ihor Basko, DVM, CVA
- NYCAVMA 2017 Event: Jeffrey Yuen at Menla Mountain
- Herbal Monograph: American Ginseng, Panax quinquefolium
- Herbal Monograph: Turmeric, Curcuma Longa
- Webinar Review: Adaptogens: Herbs for Strength, Stamina, and Stress Relief by David Winston
- The Quinault Rainforest Domestic Eco-Tour, June 2016 by Robert Silver DVM, MS Boulder, CO
- Interconnection of Plants, Animals, Their Ecosystems & the Veterinarian by Ihor Basko, DVM, CVA,
VBMA Journal: Spring 2017 edition, 44 pages.
- CASE REPORT: Treatment of Equine with Lyme Disease using TCVM & Food Therapy by Cynthia Lankenau, DVM, CVA, RH (AHG) Colden, NY
- CASE REPORT: One-Week Old Male Jersey Calf, Diarrhea & Congested Breathing by Cynthia Lankenau, DVM, CVA, RH (AHG) Colden, NY
- CASE REPORT: Ingested object, male Bichon Frise by Cynthia Lankenau
- A Day in the Life Featuring VBMA Member Katie Kangas, DVM, CVA, CVCP
- VBMA Masterchef: Hearty Party Leftovers for Dogs, Kitty Snacks, Vegetarian Diet for ‘Meatless’ Clients by Dr Ihor Basko, DVM, CVA
- Herbal Monograph: Sumac, Rhus (variants)
- Herbal Monograph: Radish Seed, Raphanus sativus
- Webinar Review: Using Liver Tonic Herbs in Veterinary Practice by Greg Tilford by Katie Kangas
© 2014 Veterinary Botanical Medicine Association